Friday, May 24, 2013

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

There is this very popular saying that most people have heard: Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover. Many people have heard of it, but my question is how many people actually follow it. I know that I judge a literal book by its cover, if it has an interesting cover then I tend to pick it up and read the back, but it tends to be the ones that are dull and just plain that are the most interesting.

Now apart from judging literal books by their cover. How many of us judge people, the outside their cover. Standing at 4'3'' I am judged by society, by everyone. I encounter many stares throughout the day and even comments, heck it is weird when I don't receive a comment or stare. What bothers me is that I just want people to look at the inside of me. Don't judge me by my size, yes that is how I look but my size does not define how I act and my personality. Before one judges one by their appearance, can't they just get to know them? How hard is that? Yes I am little, small, petite whatever you want to call it and yes I view this world mostly looking up, but why does that have to define who I am? This is me, I am petite, why does that matter. If one really wants to get to know you, they will not judge you by their cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment