Thursday, May 23, 2013

Distractions..Distractions..Distractions

It is that glorious time of year that they call summer and most every college student knows that summer is free time. However not this girl, this girl is taking nine credits over the summer and her head is already spinning.

I am taking three classes, totaling nine credits with already a lot to do, I manage to become so easily distracted. Even when I go into a room to concentrate, I still find myself staring at the wall, why? Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Texting, and Snapchat all let me become so easily distracted. There is one easy fix to that, log out of Twitter and Facebook and put your phone in a place where it cannot be reached. That is definitely easier said than done, I've tried that and my phone has this magical power of tempting me to grab it.

I am surrounded my so many distractions, that I find it nearly impossible to clearly focus on school work that may take an hour to finish, but when I become distracted it usually turns into two hours. Why is it so hard to put the phone away and just focus, but it's not even all my phone that causes distractions. Random noises that flutter through the house, the fish tank with all the little fish swimming around, the weather, television, dog, family, I become so easily distracted when I try to focus, heck even dust distracts me.

All these distractions make my head spin round and round, but it is time to buckle down and stop procrastinating, there is no time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment